REVIEW: Malin+Goetz Detox Face Mask

Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask
Chosen as the winner of Allure Magazine's Editor's Choice Best of Beauty Awards 
(2008) Best Deep Cleansing Mask.  


To harden or to foam? 

It was one of those days that I had my brows done at Browhaus. It was such a breeze being one of their members, and you can avail their brow sessions by availing their irresistible packages. It was also one of those days that I was keen enough to try their Malin + Goetz range. Their staff always do cross-selling for a lotta items and this was one of the products that I was convinced to try. Maybe because the one who usually do my brows is also a Filipina, and for that she gained my trust. Besides, she is the cream of the crop among those who can really shape ones brow perfectly. Going back, I purchased a set actually, the detox mask, the face serum and the sunblock. It costed me a bomb! The mask itself is already $70ish ...Over-all it was daylight robbery haha.

I have had expectations over this product as a lotta people raved and went goo-goo gaga over this. For its price, it should really be worth it.

What is it?
Malin+Goetz Detox Face Mask is a nifty, deep-cleaning foaming gel face mask.  

What it claims:
"Innovative, oxygenating cleansing agents replace harsh detergents and drying clays to deep-pore-cleanse, lifting dirt, oil and make-up away from the skin without irritation, while creating a physical barrier to seal hydration. Complex amino acids and natural almond extract gently and effectively purify, clarify, balance and soothe.  Stable Vitamin C, anti-oxidant Vitamin E and Soy Protein help firm and address concerns for aging."

Packaging: 
~4oz/ 118ml per bottle
~comes in a pump up style dispenser

Few ingredients include squalene and glycerin, used to moisturize and hydrate; soy protein and panthenol to help firm skin ; green tea extract and vitamin E work as antioxidants, while Vitamin C helps smoothe lines. Remember, prevention is always better than cure. It's really time to fight skin ageing!


The ingredients Vit C, Vit E and Soy protein really caught my attention. Besides, when it was tested out on my hand, I already fell in love with it. Spot on. I was so curious on how lovely it would feel on my face.

As tested on my hand:

Texture / Consistency:
thick, gel-like, much similar to a lotion (but not sticky)

Smell:
Natural fragrance. It doesn't have a turn-off smell (IMHO)

Self-foams! How cool is that?!

This is the stage that it indicates that it can be washed off already. 5 minutes then voila!

Now time to test it on to my skin.

Application :
Also easy-peasy. Deep cleansing and hydration requires you to apply a thick layer of gel for 5 minutes or until dissipation of foam begins, in place of cleanser, one to two times per week.  Oilier skin may use a thin layer daily for night-time deep cleansing and oil control.  Remove with warm wash cloth and water upon oxygenation.  Dryer skin may apply a thin layer daily as night-time hydrating cleanser.  Tissue off without water upon oxygenation for optimal hydration.


The 5-minute theory is indeed true.  Once applied, it self-foams then gives you the fizzy-oxygenating action. The tingling sensation was amazing, as if someone is giving me a facial. Love love love!


The foaming action dissipates after around 5 minutes, and then the foam pretty much disappears. This is perfect for those who do not like masks that hardens on ones skin. Have this ticklish effect for a change!


Malin + Goetz is still my HG face mask. I am still very satisfied using it. Self-foaming that may have replaced my long standing favo SK-II face mask. It's soy based , and i really find it cool as it SELF-FOAMS and your face feels clean, refreshed and baby soft afterwards! The cleanser foams up in a really spectacular way!
No parabens too!!!

Cons: Zilch!


While still resting my skin after putting on the mask, I was able to finish putting one of my favo nail polish, Pussy Red! I actually dunno if the polish matches the redness of my face or was it the other way around then? lol.


I gave myself a treat and I chowed on a Singaporean Chili Crab Dish. Perfect!






Over-all rating / Recommend / Repurchase?


5 out of 5. Yes. Yes.



Malin+Goetz Detox Face Mask is a marvelous deep-cleaning foam cleansing mask that leaves skin silky soft and radiant, smooth and well hydrated. Steep steep price  but the results are amazing. It delivers. If you would like to invest in a face mask that really works, this has gotta be it.



...and they're absolutely right. This mask deserves the award.




 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC