REVIEW: BURBERRY Sheer Luminous Pressed Powder in Porcelain No.02




Whew! What can I say, Burberry Beauty just rawked my world. One of my top-listed agenda upon returning home to Singapore is of course, check out the only Burberry Cosmetics counter at Tangs..and the rest was history. I was initially planning on ordering via Nordstrom, fortunately I did not. Swatches on the web weren't that helpful as almost 99% of what I have tried over the counter turned out to be totally different on me, yikes!



Guess my attachment to Burberry since then will never ever falter. One reason why I love Burberry? It's signature tartan/plaid iconic design, along with the Burberry Equestrian Knight Logo. So when they launched their beauty range, I had high hopes but was a doubting Thomas on how this luxury brand can cross over the borders with so much ease?


"Let the power of the Burberry Beauty compels you"...
"Let the power of the Burberry Beauty compels you".
Yes, I was held captive by a spectacular pirouette when we met.
I succumbed.
You sure bet I did, haha.


If you'll scour for reviews of this Brit makeup line on the web, you'd highly bump into these words: luxurious; class; elegance. Pristine, that's it all to me.






This is perhaps the most expensive product from my Burberry Collective Haul that has started late last year, and it took me a while to post reviews on them. I wanted an ample period of time to really find out if the beefy price range is indeed worth it. 





✿ BURBERRY Sheer Luminous Pressed Powder | Porcelain No.02






WHAT IT CLAIMS
Complexion is balanced, shine-free and mattified with a long-lasting finish. The micronized powders provide lightweight comfort.



Protection: Wild rose provides moisturizing benefits. Contains UV filters to protect from damaging environmental exposure.
FORMULA|BENEFITS
A sheer perfecting powder. An ultrafine, smooth and adherent texture.

How to use: Burberry Sheer Powder reduces any unwanted shine to help you achieve a beautiful satin finish. Apply sparingly on the forehead, around sides of nose and chin and under eyes.
Retails for $$$SGD80 (approx PHP2,800/USD64)/10g
Availability:
Burberry website 
Burberry Beauty @ Tangs, SG
Nordstrom


 my take WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE PRODUCT
# ultra fine / silky texture; it's virtually undetectable on my skin when applied
# traceless (do not expect any swatches below); as mentioned it's undetectable on my skin
# lightweight, sheer & gives skin a mattified finish
# smells like baby powder; w/ a buttery soft feel just like their e/s
# keeps my oil at bay for almost 8-10 hours

WHAT I HATE ABOUT THE PRODUCT
# non-refillable at the moment; such a waste to throw this gorgeous packaging..hello to another dilemma
# scent does fades off after a while; I prefer not; wouldn't it be nicer if someone has to smell you like a baby fresh off the shower? (IMO)
# price sticker shocker


FINAL THOUGHTS
If you got the moolah, buy this. This powder comes with UV filters which helps to protect your skin from harmful sunrays too. Just nice for days I skip sunblock. Aha, I do! Lazybum at times! However, if you're sensitive to scents, think twice if you can tolerate this one out. You may already be put off upon application. This is something you can whip out of your bag on a fancy dinner table or a cocktail party and let your gfs gawk over its modish casing. 
VERDICT Highly recommended for its formula and benefits, as well as when applied, it blends like a dream.


Just from the box, you can already see how Burberry delivered a sensible amount of class into their makeup line. Heard that this beige carton is made of 100% cotton too.




See her pores Up Close
No bold colors; No domineering logos; Burberry sure do knows where to stop.

Signature plaid design subtly imprinted on the cover;  the protective velvety pouch is debossed with them too.

The brush provided has its own slot as well, just like my Chanel Blush 


Functional, incredibly slim & soft brush it is, hoora-yay! 

Wide enough to cover either the side of my cheeks/forehead with just one swipe.


Finger print magnet? Yes. But at least not as sticky as NARS' casings.

Well, Mister Tartan here loves to play with Miss Mother Nature, I see.
Sturdy gunmetal pewter metallic compact w/ securing magnets..oh hello pewter, we meet again! Just feels so luxe holding this baby.

The inspiration as always..the Classic Trenchcoat. Gorgeous signature plaid that makes it more difficult to 'salvage'.







Everything I have tried so far from the Burberry cosmetics range is absolutely splendid. Superb quality makeup that are very wearable for everyday, top it off with its quintessential packaging. They've been my perennial favorites on my makeup kitty since then. More reviews soon & thanks for reading! xox


All images are the property of wickeRmoss. Use of these images without any consent is prohibited. This product was purchased with the author's own money. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are her own and remain 100% uninfluenced.

 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC