DETOX/CLEANSING 101: KALE [Perfect Substitute For Alka-Seltzer]





Today allow me to talk about one of my fave drinks  for detoxing OR CLEANSING (whichever you wanna call it), the trusty, super food called king kale! I normally buy those with smaller & softer leaves as I think they produce more juice compared to the larger ones. 


Instead of me talkin' bout the benefits of kale (sure, sure it's packed with nutrients), I'll tell you what it actually does for me. For kale, I prefer them on their own. Besides it's so blaarddy expensive so I fully utilize its benefits haha! It's the kale, keep it simple and load up!

Some find the taste odd that's why they mix it with carrots or cucumbers, but to me it's totally fine! I find it sweet actually, something wrong with my palate noh?

Here's a tip: Curly kale are mostly mild and sweet, so spot those in your grocery stores! Those with darker leaves taste earthy therefore bitter and you might not like them at all.




feeling gassy or extra bloated the night before




This kale juice is just the perfect ounce of cure for my bloatedness! I feel that it flushes all the toxins out of my body the next morning. No thanks to the alcohol & pizza that surely made me extra bloated during a Friday nightout with friends hehe! So there, once I'm out of Alka-Seltzer, I threw in a few stalks of fresh kale in the juicer.  




If you don't have a juicer, which I know cost an earth - you can still use a blender. Just use a sieve and invest lots of patience! Just do note that kale turns out to be much thicker when processed in a blender. I didn't like its consistency unless I use a cheesecloth to strain it, but you know it's tiresome and is time consuming. 

I drink this at night and then the next morning, I will surely do my business inside the loo. Never fails to work for me. The only problem I have is that sometimes I'm too lazy to go to the supermarket to get fresh kale! Not to say they're mostly out of stock! Always selling like hot pancakes, ugh

I usually get mine from Cold Storage/ Jason's ION or Fairprice Finest and average price is about $6-$8 bucks.  Although they don't spoil that fast I recommend you grab fresh kale when you juice.  For most cases, I store them in zip lock bags inside the fridge in case I won't be able to juice them right away. 


I'm still wondering if I'd still feel gassy if ever I drink kale juice prior to a booze night? Maybe I should try that and then report back x






Thanks for looking 


0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Pen down what's on your beautiful mind.
Would ♥ to hear from you!

I do reply to every comment so feel free to visit back.
cheers,
wickeRmossツ

 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC