REVIEW: Bobbi Brown Yogi Bare Lip Balm



What is it?
Yogi Bare Lip Balm by Bobbi Brown 


What it claims:
Inspired by Bobbi's friendship with baseball legend Yogi Berra. This clear lip balm comforts and moisturizes lips and offers the convenience of a swivel-up stick. A combination of Petrolatum, Candelilla Wax and Beeswax forms a barrier that holds moisture to the skin, while natural oils condition the skin to improve the look and feel of lips.

Packaging:
3.7g

Price:
approx SGD33

Smell:
zilch.


Ingredients:
Harmful or Healthy?
Candelila - organic, herbal wax; candelila raises no harmful concerns because it has not been detected on any human tissue or urine.

Castor Seed oil - used as an emollient to maintain soft and supple lips and skin. It also gives you that beautiful shine in lip balm and glosses.

Beeswax- an effective emollient, meaning, it has natural soothing and softening properties that makes it a great lip balm ingredient. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial components can help in the prevention of infection and bacterial growth.

When I saw these ingredients,  I never had second thoughts getting it. Plus, it's dermatologist tested. Done deal.

Geishcharles (X)perience:

Before, I was one of those who equates make up with MAC. I mean, who really doesn't want a MAC? Until a few years back when I was in SG that one of my Singaporean friend uses Bobbi Brown products.  I was even amazed that some of BB cosmetics are priced higher  than MAC ones. Besides, I saw how the BB line makes her really 'pretty powerful'. I have tried them and yes, not even a 0.01% of regret came over me. I mean, i still love MAC. But up to date I still can say I am more on the BB side. If I got to choose between the two, I am rooting for Bobbi Brown.

IMHO, Bobbi Brown adheres to  the 2Ps. Performance-wise & Price-wise. They go along really well. Pricey, yes. Next question is- Up to par? Yes. Even beyond expectation.

The Yogi Bare is the very first balm I got from them. This is only my third tube so far. Not because I let it rot inside my vanity drawer, but because this product screams- A lil goes a long way.

For someone who has chronically chapped lips like me and wants to  save themselves from buying lip balms which can only deliver temporary relief..this is one product  you can invest upon. 

Yogi Bare is seriously moisturizing and with just a few swipes it make my lips softer than I would have thought imaginable. I totally love the tube...slim black lacquered silhouette just oozes the epitome of chicness. I heart the snug cap too. It stays on for hours. Perfect for the lazy me! 

Not only it coats my lips with moisture to help combat dryness, chapping and flaking, it also provides me with antibacterial protection while sealing my lips with its natural softness. Non-greasy, unscented, hydrating plus creamy.  Nuff said. Pretty pucker alas.


Bonus? Definitely not heavy and doesn't interfere with lipstick application. What makes it my HG balm is that it doesn't make my lipstick bleed. This is the only balm that makes me feel that my lips can truly 'breathe'. Maybe because I am at peace that it has antibacterial properties. Cool. Talking about silver lining huh.



HG Lip Combo:
Yogi Bare by Bobbi Brown + Pink Nouveau by MAC




I steer clear from glosses especially around summer time. I just hate the icky feeling of glosses no matter how 'non-sticky' they claim to be. Unless of course, I needed that extra 'oomph' then... gloss it is!


Any other HG lipbalms you care to share? Please do!






 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC