REVIEW: EOS Lip Balm!

Love and eggs are best when they are fresh.

IMG_5292

eos…at first I thought it stands for egg-of-sphere…duh? Then a friend mentioned that local celebrities use it such as KC Concepcion and Angelica Panganiban, to name a few.  Then the curiosity-kills-the-cat-mode striked again and so I started my research. Besides, I badly needed a balm which really works on my chronically chapped lips eversince the summer heat in Manila started its rage.

As always, Digital Traincase was again heaven sent. She told me she’d be expecting her eos shipment soon. Perfecto.

This is very different from my Bobbi Brown's Yogi Bare. From the packaging, you can see that they look like candy balls…or more like easter eggs? Fine. One word. Cute.





What is it?
eos (evolution of smooth) lip balm

IMG_4574
The Smooth Sphere lip balms come in five natural flavors, and the one I chose to get were the “honeysuckle honeydew”, and the “summer fruit”. They have other variants such as Sweet mint (which I heard is really DAAANGG good..) Pomegranate Raspberry, Medicated Tangerine, Lemon Drop with SPF 15.

What it claims:
eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

Geishcharles  (x) perience
Now, time for some road test. I chose the Summer Fruit flavor ..not because it’s pink. Alright! Because it IS pink.
IMG_4577
Prior to that my research told me that it was:
100% Natural, 95% organic, and paraben free. Sounds pretty decent huh?

Ingredient List (* denotes organic, 1 denotes natural flavor): Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract*, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract*, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract*, Linalool1.

I’m always skeptical when I see companies claim ingredients to be natural even if they are synthetically processed. Actual point here is that the lip balms actually do contain 95% organic ingredients. Key ingredients include olive fruit oil, coconut oil, shea butter, and even blueberry extract. The lip balms are certified by Oregon Tilth and contains no parabens. The ingredient, tocopherol (a.k.a. Vitamin E), helps preserve the lip balm.

Scent/Texture/Taste:
Fruity indeed. Texture? Not as creamy as my Yogi Bare. Taste?  Though 95% of the ingredients are organic and swallowing may not be that harmful, I had the chance to actually ‘taste’ it and it has a very subtle taste... as opposed to my assumption that it would taste a bit off.

Texture/ Packaging:
True to its name, smooth sphere. It slides on your lips smoothly and as the lip balm literally is shaped in a ball form..I had the strange feeling if I am really applying a lip balm. Given that I was used to the tube type or those that comes in a tin can…it would really be somehow strange for me. Unlike most lip balms which are in tubes, this sphere lip balms makes it easier to apply to your entire lips area. Because it has a bigger surface than conventional tube lip balms, this structure helps the application a whole lot easier. Weight: 7 oz.

I call this my ice-breaker lip balm. Why's that? When I use this in public, there is no way that other people would NOT approach me and ask, “What the hell is that?” Someone even told me, “Miss it’s not nice to play with your food you know”. Hilarious! You could just imagine how guys look at me with a naughty smile. Argh! Men.

Performance/Price:
The lasting power is comparable to lip balms that are not organic and can last for about an hour..that is  if you don’t drink or lick your lips! But with its sweet taste, it would be a toughie I tell you guys. Price? I still find this pricey. Until….

I found out that the balm is easily absorbed by my lips in which gives it a plus point. It’s a bit hard to explain and am not sure if I am the only one who experiences that. It’s as if I didn’t apply anything at all. But I felt that my lips were moisturized and it gave it a bit of shine. Just nice. I think this would even last me for a year.

Cons?
Bulky. If you prefer to put balms in your pocket, don’t even buy this or end up knocking your own head. You don’t want that bulging egg thingie on your pocket right? Fugly sight for some.

IMG_5307
And hell yeah, you will gain a lot more naughty stare from men.

As for me even though I prefer to put them in my bag, it still bothers me. How? I don't know. If you have OCD, maybe you'll come to understand. Also, I prefer my lip balm to be creamy..so my Yogi Bare is still my holy grail. Other than that, eos is definitely a good steal.





They always sell like hot pancakes @ Digital Traincase..so try one now. Pre-orders are accepted.



eos became my best buddy when I used to bum around the set of Imortal. I was like on set for almost 24 hours (Nikki V! As I am writing this, I miss you mars!) as well, and their smoke emitting machine is just like crazy! eos did not fail me within those times, obviously. I don’t bother to put any more lipstick then, as long as I have something to moisturize my lips, am good. See my super smiley shot with JL? It shouts-‘yay for eos!’  noh?



Are you a sucker for cute packaging as well? How often do you give in to them?
 
 



 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC