HAUL: BENEFIT I'm Glam... Therefore I am Limited Edition Set

Spotted a set from Benefit and online order arrived in a jiffy! Noice! I was one who always gives makeup sets a pass as I feel they are just as pricey and blah  and it's all but nothing so I rarely buy them. I prefer a la carte shopping, haha. I saw this Limited Edition Holiday 2011 set and it somehow seemed promising to me. Got this online for only SGD55(approx PHP1,800/US42) Let's see some first impressions.




✿ Benefit "I'm Glam...Therefore I am!" 


As expected from Benefit, packaging is as usual fun & quirky, this is a great one-stop kit, really handy dandy. No offense meant but I am not a fan of Benefit's packaging to be honest, I feel it's too girly. You know me as am more on the gothic side, glossy black designs, well you get what I mean. This is considered by Benefit as a party kit, this set is meant to doll you up from a day to night look.




Once you open the kit, there'a step by step guide for a handy tutorial and a plastic cover with the product names on it. 


This is a 7-pc make up set which includes some of Benefit's best sellers: 


Girl Meets Pearl = highlighter/luminizer; has a soft gold shimmer in it esp. in certain lighting; I've tried this before and it actually gives that youthful dewy look


BADgal lash = perfect party mascara; looks pretty decent to me though the large brush seems a bit oddly sized/shaped

Life on the A List = a light or should i say, pale? pink colour with a shimmer; has a glasslike finish so I hope this would conceal fine lip lines as well







Eyeshadows: Pink Fancy, Icy Lilac, Posh Amethyst, Precious Pewter

Pink Fancy = pale shimmery pink; pale and shimmery? uh oh..

Icy Lilac = silver lilac

Posh Amethyst = purple mixed with grey

Precious Pewter = charcoal grey mixed with silver





Wokeiiii I'd spill the beans! Aside from red, I adore PEWTER! So that explains it all haha. The combi of the lilacs and greys in the palette is what convinced me to get it. I am quite skeptical to use the eyeshadows as I think they are not that pigmented as I want them to be. We'll see how they'd work on me. I think the colours will really complement each other well.



Glamming Face Powder = a powder that blends together to create a pretty peachy pink with golden shimmer. Think this will suit all skin tones too. I've also noticed the shade depends on where the light will hit your face.


The brush looks like another candidate for me to abandon yet again. Why is it so hard for them to supply us with even just 1 good quality brush? GAH. The spongetip applicator? Another pass.. though I liked the colour to bits! Oh pewter pewter..


 





Overall, this is perfect as a swank gift and is obviously a user friendly kit. No space wasted. Beauty in a box? An absolute yes! You'll be the life of the party with this glam wonder. On the other hand, I am still thinking if I'd give this as a gift to someone who'll be celebrating her birthday soon. What dya think? Should I keep this instead?ツ. 








 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC