FOTD: How To Ace your First Date ♥


FD. First Date, not Fear nor Dilemma, hahas. Who doesn't love first dates huh
Dates in general brings out the kilig (twitterpated) factor in us women isn't it?



I got no plans of posting up any Valentine's look for this month, but one fine day, I received a sweet note from a reader- straight into my inbox, and I just can't say no and merely ignore her concern.



Let's just call her Miss FD alrite?:)

Dear Miss FD,

Theoretically, I do not want to beat around the bush.  I'd make this much much more easier for you...and me. After reading your note, I came up with several points:

  1. Fancy clothes; branded makeup 
  2. Black T-shirt
  3. Eyeliner / Eyeshadow
  4. Eyeglasses
  5. *Johnson's Baby Powder


I won't be picking up fruits from the tree and give you First Date 101; 
instead I'll help you work it out with what you have.



First off, you're going on a first date, not a job interview. You need to have fun and don't let anyone or anything demoralize you in any way.

Ditch #1: Fancy clothes; branded makeup! Again, this will be your first date, not the Oscars. 

#2: Black T-shirt

Do you see yourself staring at your closet and say, "I have nothing to wear!" If you do, then you have a dysfunctional closet. Stop the insanity and if the black shirt is the only thing you see yourself wearing that day, by all means go! Make sure you're comfy with it though.

If you usually wear T-Shirt and ripped jeans, don't show up in a cocktail dress. It's fine to settle for a slightly better looking style, just don't completely change yourself. You can also tone down your look if you want with a nice fitted jeans. There's no rule as well that high heels is a must! I even went out on a date before wearing my chuck taylor shoes:) 



#3: Eyeliner / Eyeshadow
#4: Eyeglasses




Skip putting too much eyeshadow; go for a little yet defined shadow. To make your eyes stand out, don the classic black winged eyeliner.



Sweep a light champagne-y or pale pink color on your top lids then blend a darker shade (purple/brown) into your crease to add a certain depth.Make your eye makeup pop against that glasses! 



Then use black liner to line your entire top lash line, winging out at the outer corners. Line your lower lashline with black pencil if you feel that your look would not be too strong from your point of view.





#5: Johnson's Baby Powder 



Since I do not know you personally, I won't assume why are you using that certain product on your face. I'm not here to judge, but here's my 2 cents: If you can make yourself look good with it, I do not foresee any problem. But if you're going to ask about my own take with it, it tends to dry my skin. Baby powders tend to do this. Safety-wise, I cannot vouch for that.. my apologies. 

Please do not get me wrong, I love that powder too much that until now I use it..in case I get prickly heat during summer time. There are tons of affordable pressed powder that you can use, check them out and do not hesitate to ask for your appropriate shade. It's gonna be a slow but a more proper way to start dolling up yourself:)






Final Thoughts

  • ✿  If you're not used to wearing blush, you can contour your face. I am more of a contour person too.. this makes your face emit that sculpted look. Blush will have to be in the back seat for now, let your chosen date see your natural flush:)

  •   Skip foundations of any type.. in your case I'd settle for a proper face powder. I didn't wear any foundation in these photos, nor a BB cream, no primer/base as well. I've only used Burberry Sheer Luminous Pressed Powder in Porcelain 02 (my Holy Grail). Of course, am not asking you to buy the exact same product. There will always be that certain product that will always work best for you, too. 

  •   I noticed you did not mention anything about lipstick or lip balms? It's no secret that any form of attractiveness will reckon on a first date, if you do not have any lipstick, try to wear a mild gloss. Just to add shine (not stickiness) and will surely make your pucker kissable (*winks!)




Again, for me there ain't no rules. It all settles down on how you work things out for yourself.
 Of the experiences under my belt with regards to first dates, I only have one cardinal rule : that is- to make things  
S I M P L E 

EYES
MAJOLICA MAJORCA JEWELING EYES (PK785)
MAC WEDGE
ESPRIQUE LIQUID LINER (BK001)
FACE
BURBERRY SHEER LUMINOUS PRESSED POWDER (PORCELAIN 02)
SHISEIDO BRONZER
LIPS
RACHEL K MINERAL LIP PLUMPER (LOLITA)



Hope I have helped you with your concerns. Thank you for writing.


Ace your first date Miss FD! ツ  

 ve,





 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC