REVIEW: Local Drugstore Nail Polishes from the Philippines! San San, Caronia, Bobbie, etc.


I missed buying local drugstore nail polishes! I bought at least 30 bottles when I was in Manila and this is the stash that's left with me now hahah!



A total of 14 bottles, simply just can't let go of some of them, especially the elianto's. Top fave would still be my Pussy Red from Bobbie (click here for the comparison post w/ Caronia's Pussy Red); followed by Chic and elianto. Unsure why Caress & Caronia's formulation seemed to falter in my opinion. Last would be SanSan, expensive for me but I'd say still worth its price upon seeing the finish it gives.

My thoughts/random review:


For brush applicators: Chic. 
The brush just slides on my nail bed in such a way that only me can understand haha!... and the handle is just nice to get a good grip. Finding that perfect brush is as difficult as finding your partner , lol. Some blame the brush on why the polish is streaky, but it'd still require some skills baby.

For colors: Tie between SanSan & elianto. 
These brands got unique & boasting colours. They may have soft range of colors but they just speak loudly when worn.

For best opacity: Chic. 
One swipe, you're all good (esp. the glazed range).
Worst? Caress. 
Most polishes I bought from Caress were too watery! Ri-dic!

For best formula: Bobbie.
Not watery, not thin or thick; just the right consistency. Most unpredictable would be elianto. 

Which brand gives the best colour pay-off: SanSan. 
I noticed upon first swipe, it's sooo thin. Yet when the 2nd comes in, BAM.  It has this unique depth to it.

For best finish: Bobbie. 
The finish is just perfect for me, even without a top coat, they're glossy. When I apply them I just have this self-gratification that my manicure was done the right way. They got pretty decent color palettes!

Which brand is a pain in the arse to apply: Caress/Caronia. 
They seemed tacky already, did they change anything or what? Caronia used to be my first love !

Staying power? Tie between SanSan & Bobbie. 
Worst is Caress(they chip like nobody's business; even chip in my sleep LOL)





Swatches!


Done with 2 coats/ no base/ no top coat either









 
 






You may also check out the vidclip here. Thanks for reading, til my next post x



 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC