REVIEW: LA PRAIRIE. The Advanced Marine Biology Collection.

Sisley, La Mer, La Prairie.

I always get the same ol' (5-words, to be exact) reaction whenever I hear these brand names:

Is.it.Worth.The.Money?

In my wind was a halo comprising of only 3 words:

Rare.
Precious .
Works.

I mean, they must be right?
I was manly focused on the ingredients actually when I said that.
There must be a definite, concrete, accurate science behind their work!


I feel grateful...no, lemme re-phrase that.
I feel blessed when this chance came upon me.
May not be that of a huge deal to some but to me it is!
Finally tried that La La La brand which is....

La Prairie!


With its skyrocket price of $214, all I can say is wowzah.
This is something.
For now I can only spend that much on skincare with my SK-II,
but holy camoly, La Prairie is much more luuuuuuxxxeee !





So what is up with this new range?


 La Prairie Advance Marine Biology Collection

Advanced Marine Biology, a marine-derived skincare line, contains superior formulas and age-fighting benefits perfect for those who seek eco-friendly products. An anti-ageing complex, anti-oxidants and mega-rich sea nutrients combine to energise, protect and renew your skin. La Prairie has made serious skincare as powerful as the deep sea itself. 



The magic begins deep beneath the oceans of the world. In their natural environment, wild plants compete for sun, oxygen, and space. This brutal struggle for survival makes them incredibly strong and resilient. Because of this, they are the incubators for astounding, anti-ageing algae.
La Prairie uses “Aquaculture” technology to harness the protective power of marine plants used in the Advanced Marine Biology Collection. One of the specialities of Aquaculture is the controlled, land-based production of marine algae, kelp, and other sea plants. We use only purified sea water and technologically advanced customised nutrients. It allows the plants to be grown and harvested in ideal conditions, similar to the hydroponic growth of land plants. The plants are then fermented to increase the potency of their antioxidant properties.















Prevention is at the heart of the five products that comprise the collection, formulated to use as soon as – or even before – those first signs of aging skin begin to appear. They call on the powerful anti-oxidant properties of algae, combined with intense structural hydration, to effectively stave off the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and preserve the skin’s youthful appearance.

This collection is a shining example of “eco-luxury”, in which La Prairie harmonizes innovative technology, the luxury associated with the brand and a deep commitment to environmental protection.



Feeling nauseatic already? Do you get headaches whenever you read something like those? Well, try not to be. It is the only way we can fully digest on why and to whom exactly  these products are made for.

In other words, this collection is an eco-conscious skincare luxury line which comprises mainly of:



  1. ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY FOAMING MOUSSE CLEANSER
  2. ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY REVITALIZING EMULSION
  3. ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY EYE GEL
  4. ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY TONIC
  5. ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY DAY CREAM SPF 20

Rounding out the potent formulas in the collection is La Prairie’s exclusive Cellular Complex, which bolsters the skin’s natural renewal process and encourages its optimal functioning.

So there, on a bird's eye point of view, why the triple digit price tags for this? The cost reflect the research, the cost reflect the production as well.

La Prairie has always been known as the last resort before any other cosmetic procedures. As most people do not want something invasive, these are the alternatives one can check out especially those on the verge of fighting skin aging!

I tried the La Prairie ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY REVITALIZING EMULSION  and read on for my thoughts about it.


What LA PRAIRIE claims:

Advanced Marine Biology Revitalizing Emulsion is a lightweight cream-gel emulsion that hydrates and protects with the power of sea-born botanicals. It helps diminish signs of ageing on your face, eye, and neck area.


It hydrates deeply, giving a hydra-structuring effect that makes your skin look more firm and supple. It minimises dark circles and puffiness in the eye area, and helps prevent ageing signs on your face, neck, and eye area.

Advanced Marine Biology Revitalizing Emulsion strengthens your skin’s defenses with sea-sourced plants that have unusually high anti-oxidant capabilities.
Channeled Wrack Extract comes from brown algaeThe extract protects your skin by defending it from damaging oxidants and irritation. Tests have shown that it can help reduce the number and surface of wrinkles and improve skin moisture, tone, and firmness.
Red Algae, which are combined with Lecithin in this product, provide anti-oxidant protection to the skin -- thus helping prevent the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and other ageing signs.
Energizing Microalgae, a biotechnologically produced extract of the microalgae Dunaliella Salina, reload your skin with energy. The extract is capable of passing energy onto the skin to encourage cell turnover.














❤ MY LA PRAIRIE EXPERIENCE 

I started using the ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY REVITALIZING EMULSION beginning of October but to my dismay , unsure if you were aware as well;  that I got sick due to a mild food poisoning (thanks to that seafood pasta, GRRR!) that caused me severe allergies. I ignored it, knowing my usual self (did some self-prescription over and over again!) not knowing that the allergy made a substantial damage to my skin. So I had to stop using the product..in fact most of my skincare products to pave way for the..tadah, Natural HEALING.


It was only 2 weeks that I had to say hello to this bottle once again, alternatively used it with my Lancome Genifique to further clear up my allergies and I was archaic that my skin was pacified by those products. Do note however that I have seek professional skin treatments from an Aesthetician before plunging into using these products again.  I have to re-start all over again, plant some new seeds to be able to grow a tree;  if you know what I mean. Fine, my face rehabilitation program..as I wanna call it  

I applied the ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY REVITALIZING EMULSION  during the daytime and the Lancome serum at night. I needed to moisturize my face, albeit the absence of a toner. You all know how I love anything milky right?

This emulsion is creamy and lightweight with that milky consistency! It did not sting at all in fact, it's cooling! Non-greasy and soothing. No sticky feel after the drydown.  I need to allow at least a minute or two to do its job, after the emulsion dries, that's when I feel the moisture coming in, not while applying. 

Expect quick-absorbing afterwards let it execute its duty.  This is a multi-purpose moisturizer for the face, neck and eye area, formulated with anti-aging properties. This bottle is just what you need for travelling isn't it? All in one product, if only it can also be applied to lips...then this would beat all skincare product IMO. I love smelling my hands after I applied this, it smells so.... fresh and divine. If only I could slather this on to my whole body, I would.



The packaging (15ml/0.5 floz) is a twist/lock piston pump bottle type...hygienic(I hate sticking my fingers into jars!) . Another hooray for no hassle bottle/jar caps. The mixture of colors: Algae/Marine Green and White, sleek with that crispy white bite. Reminds me of the terrific islands in Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi. This is something worth getting as the bottle may be pricey, but with the teeny-weenie bit/pea sized amount I need, it will surely last a long time. 


I was happy to feel the softness back into my skin so I guess a moisturizer in liquid form worked for me! I was used to the cream type ones. Some says emulsion is not necessary but I do know now that it does matter. 

I think I should venture more on the refiner, essence and the like. 

Ahh, the wonders and context of skincare.

Wow, even my product shot/swatch shows its L ❤ V E ! I did not do this on purpose, swear 



Here are the rest of the products from the collection which I'm not sure if I'd be able to try. 

Must.Save more than ever. 

Besides it's aging we are dealing with here! 



I decided to list the product benefits in case you are now complaining of too much info overload~
The Advanced Marine Biology Collection charts a lifestyle approach to keeping your skin looking as young as possible as long as possible with its advanced aquaculture technology. 


ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY FOAMING MOUSSE CLEANSER - SGD102
REFRESHES • EXHILARATES • ENERGIZES

  • A mild, natural cleansing agent dissolves makeup, and helps to remove impurities and pollutants without stripping the skin of essential moisture.
  • Helps to maintain the skin's moisture level while supporting anti-oxidant activity.
  • La Prairie's exclusive Cellular Complex helps to stimulate the skin's natural renewal process-moisturizing and energizing with nutrients that encourage optimal functioning.









  • ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY REVITALIZING EMULSION - SGD214




  • HYDRATES• SMOOTHS• NOURISHES





    • Boosts skins hydration for more supple, smoother and firmer skin.
    • Helps to reduce the number of surface wrinkles while improving skins moisturization, tone and firmness.
    • Provides anti-oxidant protection to the skin, thus helping to prevent the appearance of lines, wrinkles and other aging signs.
    • Normalizes skins moisture level while providing anti-oxidants to help protect against harmful environmental factors.














  • ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY EYE GEL - SGD164




  • DE-PUFFS • SOOTHES • FIRMS
    • Helps to reduce the number of surface wrinkles while improving skins moisturization, tone and firmness.
    • Supports firmness and elasticity in the skin by increasing collagen and elastin production while minimizing dark circles under the eye.
    • Promotes a silky texture as it softens fine lines and pores.









  • ADVANCED MARINE BIOLOGY TONIC - 
  • SGD160




  • Revitalizes• Brightens • Oxygenates
    • Restores youthful vitality by oxygenating the skin
    • Brightens and evens out skin tone
    • Protects the skin’s youthful appearance with vitamins and anti-oxidants
    • Promotes smoother, firmer skin with fewer wrinkles






  • ADVANCED 
  • MARINE BIOLOGY DAY CREAM SPF 20 - SGD214

    firms • repairs • protects

    • Progressive moisture release and immediate line-smoothing action
    • Protects and boosts the skin’s defense system with anti-oxidant marine substances
    • Promotes a clearer, more radiant complexion
    • Increases natural collagen production, helps maintain the skin’s firmness and elasticity















    Me wants that eye gel so bad! I still am hunting for my eye cream/eye serum soulmate, especially now that  I had a couple bajillion of of sleepless nights because of that itch. Yes, that allergy was a total nightmare. But since the emulsion is multi-purpose and can be used for the eyes, I'd try this on my eyes soon!

    Fortunately this emulsion worked wonders on me. With one product I have discovered that this fine Swiss brand is deserving of its current status in the cosmetic world. And oh, did you notice that there is no face serum in the collection? That's because the serum is the tonic, and that day cream that triggers collagen production..oh my, I do hope I'd have the extra moolah to try them out one fine day. I just have to face off with the triple digit price tag haha, wish me luck then.







    Ever tried the La Luxe....err, La Prairie range ladies?  











    LA PRAIRIE is available at:

    TANGS Orchard,Beauty Hall | METRO Paragon L2 | TAKA L1 | ROBINSONS Centrept L1












    Special Mention of Thanks to the La Prairie Team and the hosting company who provided the author with the mentioned/reviewed product.




     

    HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

    HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
    www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

    ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

    ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
    www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

    A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

    A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
    www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

    FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

    ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

    TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

    Blog Archive

    ♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

    ♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
    For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

    Translate

    BLOG TRAFFIC