EATS: Good Morning Nanyang Cafe (SG). Makes My Morning More Than Good.




For warm crispy toasts, (for years now) I have always been patronizing Ya Kun , as well as for their superb coffee. But one day I got lost inside Far East Plaza (fine, imma be exaggerating a bit haha) and found this cafe that serves local fusion breakfast. I din't have any intentions of dining in but when I saw the logo, I somehow felt this cafe offers something different. 

For a moment I was glad I got lost.





My feet just dragged my body and then found myself walking inside the cafe hehe! Whoa, the servers and even the person behind the cashier counter greeted me with warm smiles and said...do you haf to guess it? "GOOD MORNING!" Nope, no Nanyang Cafe...haha.

I mean it's so rare that I come inside a coffee shop and be welcomed amiably by the staff. I even recall the last time I went to Starbucks ION and was about to pick a slice of cake and then BAM, an in-your-face-they-nonchalantly-turned off the lights. BASTOS (extreme rudity to the MAX)!!! I wanted to tell them, "Do you want me to clean up the tables for you as well so that you guys could go home and finish early?" 

So anyway, I was clueless on what to order and saw a mix of ordered food when I roamed my eyes into what their customers were eating. I saw people eating a full dish with rice, some sharing a jenga of toasts and every table of course has a cup of coffee.

The lady at the cashier gave me a gentle smile and said, "First time?" I nodded and there, she suggested their best sellers. "Can you take chili?" My eyes lit up. But then she said, "It's only 11am, which one do you prefer to have,  rice or bread?" My GOD, Starbucks' staff are you hearing or reading this? Such a shame for them right?

RAR! Why is my ranting up again?

Okay okay going back. I ended up the lady's sweet agony (seeing my perplexed face was not that easy for her I know haha) so I just settled for the Traditional Breakfast of Singapore. 

This is basically kaya butter toasts with half boiled eggs and kopi aka coffee!


WIKIPEDIA defines Kaya Toast as:
A popular snack amongst Singaporeans and Malaysians. It consists of kaya, a spread of eggs, sugar and coconut milk and flavored with pandan on toasted or fresh bread or cream crackers. Butter or margarine may be spread as well.

Good Morning Nanyang Cafe is voted as the best toast in Singapore.





The clincher for me is the cracking of the half boiled eggs. Nothing beats seeing freshly done eggs, straight from the shell! The yolks remind me of my love for our Mighty Sun King. Look at those firm yolks; solid, tranquil yellow colour right there. Also the egg whites were perfectly runny..I hate to poke the yellow! But seriously, if you have seen or watched on how I eat my eggs, you are welcome to watch and click here again. 

I swallow the darnwholeyolk but I let them do the salsa dance inside my mouth first, let my tongue be its matador..then the salsa dance becomes a sexaaayy tango. That was perfection! Their toasts were really tasty and crunchy baby! No saggy bread taste which I like. 




I'm not really fond of mixing light soy sauce or even a dash of pepper to these eggs, but on this day I just did. You usually mix and then dip your kaya toasts here. Then be prepared to taste heaven and eggs haha! Some locals dip their breads in it, some scoop the egg mixture and it's like an instant egg soup (though I feel it would take 50 golden years for me to finish it when I do that..and it's not just my style). Majority do the egg slurpin! You know...saucer..slurp...slurps...slurp...just wipe your mouth when you finish ha hehe. If you are a lover of salt & sweet, you must eat the toasts with the egg mixed with the soy sauce (dark or light, up to you). It really blends well..the taste I mean. Just ignore the colour lah haha! Anyway black and yellow looks good right?



I would not say am fully blown away by their coffee. I dig bitter coffee but not this cup. Actually it ain't that bitter (in my opinion) which some may particularly like, but I was looking for that kopikick as always.  I think Ya Kun coffee still wins it for me, while le hubs liked Killiney's coffee. I love the aroma of Ya Kun's coffee and the way it awaken my senses up is just different.





Good Morning Nanyang Cafe is now my new favorite! Whenever I krave for kaya, this is where I go now haha. Their customer service is a plus. Whenever I eat here, they would always ask me how's my food, start a mini conversation and then wish me a good day ahead. I always walk out with a smile on my face...and got a happy tummy too x

Good Morning Nanyang Cafe


14 Scotts Road, #02-23 Far East Plaza, Singapore, Singapore 228213

#01-34A, 200 Turf Club Road, The Grandstand, Singapore 287994

75 Pagoda Street, Singapore, Singapore 059234

As am not surprised why they were featured here:


Thanks for looking~






 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC