SO SERVICE WAS BAD IN THIS CUPCAKERY BUT WTH DID I COME BACK HERE? [FLUFF BAKERY SINGAPORE REVIEW PART 2]

fLUFF BAKERY CUPCAKES SINGAPORE HALAL REVIEW






sweetness cloys. even if it's atop a fancy kitchen counter, even if it's draped with fancy swirls &  
lickable frosting. 




I have already put up my review about FLUFF itself here - the service and whatnot but I have promised that I will still show you what I got during the next visit I made - a total of 3 if I am not mistaken.




Again, I purposely went down (I wouldn't if you'll ask me) but hey, my mother-in-law was actually craving for a particular cake and their shop has it. She was here in Singapore for a vacation and yes, I had to get a slice of that cake. During my second visit, it was not on sale (meaning they didn't bake it) and as you know this shop has a weekly menu for their dessert offerings; so no choice but to wait.





SUCCEEDING VISIT @ FLUFF BAKERY MADE ME GRAB THE FOLLOWING DESSERTS BELOW:





6 pcs of cupcake / 1/2 dozen @ $4 each = $24

snickers
Chocolate Cake, filled with Salted Caramel & Peanut, frosted with Peanut Butter Cream dipped in Milk Chocolate and topped with crushed Peanuts

thai milk tea 
Thai Tea Cake, filled with Thai Tea Custard and frosted with Condensed Milk Cream


salted caramel
Vanilla Cake with Salted Caramel Filling, Mascarpone Frosting and Salted Caramel Drizzle


The vanilla cupcake base is moist, not something you'd choke on. I was expecting a lot from the Snickers Cupcake, but it's not rich & fudgey. The filling isn't even mousse-y. Also, I find that all their cupcakes really tend to lean on the sweeter side. 





For $4 I think they have to decrease the sweetness and at least pop a tiny piece of snickers bar on top, makes it more legit. 


The sweetest (and sickening) for me is the salted caramel!  Thai Milk Tea on the other hand was least sweet of the bunch however I barely tasted a thai milk flavour. 









TRES LECHES ($6/SLICE)
Everything in this cake is a letdown. The vanilla sponge cake is dry, it pains me to chew it. Uh, sorry mom-in-law for this MAJOR FAIL. I believe traditional Tres Leches are supposed to be very sweet - this slice was the opposite. It tasted bland - do they skimp on sugar for cakes or they really just pour the majority into their cupcake mixture? Even the cream is totally forgettable. My $6 ? Goner. 






lemon loaf
I'm not really fond of lemon cakes but I'd love a good loaf that's warm and straight from the oven paired with a cup of earl grey tea! So when I saw this at the counter, I just had to get it. I can't recall the exact price was it $6 or $7? Finally, redemption came in a slice of this plain looking loaf. The sponge cake was soft & moist with an unexpected tang from the lemon. The lemon drizzle is far from Starbucks but this is good enough, with that crusty looking sides it's good! Lovely loaf overall! 




Even if I'm badly craving for cupcakes, FLUFF is not something I'd revisit again. Their cakes are a hit and miss, cupcakes way too sweet. My brain has decided not take in another gauntlet of dismay - both for service, price & taste. 







4 JALAN PISANG SINGAPORE 199071






THANKS FOR LOOKING


DISCLOSURE: PRODUCTS PURCHASED BY THE AUTHOR. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE HER OWN HONEST, UNBIASED, NON-SUGARCOATED REVIEWS. ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF WICKERMOSS UNLESS STATED OTHERWISEUSE OF THESE IMAGES WITHOUT ANY CONSENT IS PROHIBITED. 



fLUFF BAKERY CUPCAKES SINGAPORE HALAL REVIEW

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Pen down what's on your beautiful mind.
Would ♥ to hear from you!

I do reply to every comment so feel free to visit back.
cheers,
wickeRmossツ

 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC