FLUFFY CUPCAKES, SERVICE - A FLOP. [FLUFFY BAKERY SINGAPORE REVIEW]

fluff bakery cupcakes singapore halal review




I SEE A TROUPE OF CUPCAKES AS A VAST OCEAN OF SUGAR WITH FLOATING LIFEBUOY - MADE OF CALORIES.




FLUFF, a Muslim-owned & Halal cupcakery has already made its name in Singapore. It was only a few years ago (remember the cupcake craze?!) that people will line up here and their cupcakes will be sold out in about 2-3 hours or so. Yes, that's how crazy it was back then.

So the craze went poof but Fluff still has its following. 




I like cupcakes but it's not something I'd really go for when I need a quick sugar fix. I've been to their shop about 2x at the main shop at Jalan Pisang, Bugis (once at their pop-up store in Orchard back then) so here's my thoughts on a few of their offerings. 




Thoughts

innovative flavours, generous ingredients but totally fell flat on service.


They got tons of flavours to offer: horlicks, thai milk tea, nutella smores, chocolate malt fudge brownie, mann i can go on typing and it seems that they aren't stopping on creating new flavours every Monday of each week. 

One thing is consistent though - their frosting is smooth, cake is moist. Albeit the confusing flavours to choose from, they are always generous on the ingredients. You'll see a decent amount of filling, unlike other cupcakes that you have to dig in before finally hitting the spot. However, most of their cupcakes are way too sweet, as well as too much flavours going on that one is overpowering the other, each and every flavour trying to juggle a number of different notes -if you know what I mean. 


As for the service, it totally went flat. Of all the visits I had at the main shop & pop-up outlets, I didn't get a decent experience. Your shop may be considered as a Take Away counter but hey, it still is all about selling and taking care of your customers. 

Consider yourself lucky if you won't find their staff chit-chatting; worst? STONING; therefore ignoring you or taking orders like fully-charged robots. I didn't have an extra dollar to pay for their smiles so perhaps that's the reason why I never got one. You bet it was always a scathing experience, it stands out like a flat note on a grand piano.


Perhaps they think that their cupcakes will always sell so they always give this "I don't give AF if you're buying anot".

Well, for $4 a flop (pricey!) err, I mean a fluff I think I had my fair share and never repurchased from them again. 

Do note that I had a total of 3 visits before I made this review. Another batch coming up with more items from Fluff, so stay tuned. You'll also find out why I made another trip EVEN if the service was a letdown. 

First Purchase I Made :
1/2 dozen  / 6 pcs cupcakes






One of the best-sellers: ISPAHAN Cupcake, a rose/lychee cake with raspberry frosting. That poking scent of rose when you wanna have that first bite, I thought I was mummy-fied. Legit! But then again, I'm not a fan of lychees in cakes but this was fairly good. Very moist, too pretty to eat. 







4 JALAN PISANG SINGAPORE 199071






Thanks for looking



DISCLOSURE: Products purchased by the author. All opinions expressed here are her own honest, unbiased, non-sugarcoated reviews. All images are the property of wickeRmoss unless stated otherwiseUse of these images without any consent is prohibited. 


luff bakery cupcakes singapore halal review

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Pen down what's on your beautiful mind.
Would ♥ to hear from you!

I do reply to every comment so feel free to visit back.
cheers,
wickeRmossツ

 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC